When it comes to choosing the perfect wood floors for your home, you have to think about many different factors. Two of the most important factors to consider are the amount of foot traffic in the space and if there’s a high risk of spills or exposure to water. Answering these questions before choosing your floors will help you narrow down your choices and choose the right wood flooring for your home. If selecting a floor for the bathroom, kitchen, or another area where there might be water exposure, it’s crucial to choose a water-resistant wood floor.
As hardwood flooring specialists in Colorado Springs, we have a plethora of flooring options to meet your flooring needs. In Colorado Springs, where it’s common to track rain or snow into your home, we understand the importance of helping our customers find durable, water-resistant wood flooring options. To learn more about the best types of water-resistant wood floors, read the rest of the blog!
Types Of Water-Resistant Wood Flooring
Even though you always want to be careful with water when it comes to your hardwood floors, certain types of water-resistant wood flooring are more durable than others. Water-resistant wood floors are a great addition to any home, especially those with kids or pets running around where it’s more difficult to prevent water damage.
- Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Because of its waterproof core, luxury vinyl plank flooring is one of the most durable wood flooring options available. The core in the planks of this flooring is composed of a type of plastic that repels water. As a result, luxury vinyl plank flooring is an excellent option for spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens because it won’t be permanently damaged by coming in contact with water.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- The core of engineered wood floors is composed of various wood layers, and the top of the planks is high-quality wood. So, engineered hardwood floor options are an excellent choice if you want the look of hardwood floors but don’t want to worry about possible water damage!
- Laminate Wood Flooring
- If you choose a laminate wood floor, it’s important to select a high-quality one. Laminate wood floors aren’t as durable as hardwood floors, so it’s important to choose a strong laminate floor to ensure it will last for years. Laminate wood floors are gaining popularity because it’s one of the more affordable options available.
G3 Hardwood Flooring Has Tons Of Water-Resistant Wood Floor Options
Whether you’re choosing a wood floor for your kitchen or you’re worried about finding flooring for your pets that they won’t ruin, there are many reasons why you may need a water-resistant wood floor. At G3 Hardwood Flooring, we have all different water-resistant wood flooring options available in every color you could imagine. We’ll work with you to find the best water-resistant wood flooring for your home. To learn more about your flooring options, schedule an appointment to visit our hardwood flooring showroom.